Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's Been Awhile...

I'm shamefully overdue for a post...my apologies. Our holiday weekend was pretty busy, and now I'm fighting a cold (yuck!) and new found allergies (when did this start? Is it being 28?). Here's the low down on the adoption front. Last Wednesday I received a phone call from my agency saying they needed an updated Power of Attorney form for the courts, and stat. They needed to receive it by Friday to have it hand delivered by the CEO of our agency on Tuesday (the day our case went to court). This sounded encouraging to me, b/c when I asked what difference it would really make if our case was on hold, she didn't really give me a definitive answer. So I called Travis and he came downtown immediately; we ran to the government center, signed the document in front of a notary, and then had it certified at the Secretary of State's office. Within 2 hours of her phone call, I had it FedExed priority overnight, and I was trying really hard not to get my hopes up. On top of that, there was twittering on my adoption chat group that the investigation was over. I hardly slept at all Monday night, and I kept dreaming about the case.

Unfortunately, I was right not to get my hopes up. AWAA called me Tuesday to tell me that our case is closed for now, pending this investigation's completion. They still haven't been given any estimations by ET on when this might conclude. I'm still hopeful that we'll travel sometime this summer, but we still have to take it one day at a time.

So that's the scoop. I've been struggling more this last week or so. I think my most difficult times are when I'm home with nothing to do, so I'm trying to keep busy with projects that don't revolve around the baby. My heart just feels raw. Hopefully I'll feel better in a week or so because I can't stop work on her room entirely!

2 comments:

Emily said...

That just royally sucks. I don't know what else to say. Gabby and I said a prayer for Mia today. We'll keep them coming. I wish there were more answers to all of this.

Anonymous said...

Keep yourself as busy as you can, I suppose. We aren't that far away if you ever need to seek reprieve somewhere not too far from home! We will keep praying for you.
xoxox