Saturday, May 9, 2009

My First Mother's Day

I wrote this note to Mia shortly after we received our referral call. In honor of my very first Mother's Day, I thought I would share it with you.

Sweet baby girl,
It has been all of 48 hours since we received the phone call telling us we have a baby girl - you. And for the last 48 hours I haven't been able to get you off my mind. I guess this is what becoming a mother is all about. I love your darling face, your big, bright eyes, your cute little nose, your long fingers and toes. I love you. And even though we have not yet met, my heart belongs to you, precious Mia. Even though you don't yet realize it, I have become your mama and you are my baby. I have been praying for you since before you were ever conceived, and even still while you were in your mother's womb. And before even that, I know that God, our Heavenly Father, has been loving you.
I cannot wait until the day when we will finally meet. Until then, baby girl, you are in my every thought and prayer.

We're coming soon, love...

2 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Sarah, that letter is absolutely precious! You are already such a wonderful mother to Mia. I hope you enjoy your very first Mother's Day! You deserve it. :)

Emily said...

I cried and read this aloud to my mom yesterday. Mia is so, so lucky.