Monday, January 10, 2011

Halloween

I know this one is going way back, but I just couldn't not share a few pictures of our little duck.  Mia was absolutely adorable, and we made sure she got to wear her costume at least twice to savor all that ducky cuteness.

We took her to the ZooBoo with our friends the Hennessy's, Greenbaum's, and Parker's, but unfortunately my husband formatted that particular camera card before I could download anymore than just this one picture.  (My second New Year's Resolution: download and organize family pictures immediately.)
 As always, Mia had a great time at the Zoo, but she was a little unsure of what to make of the nice ladies handing our candy.  Every time we'd come up on them, she'd want me to hold her.  For such an outgoing kid, she picks some strange things to be afraid of.  After we trick-or-treated, we let the kids play on the playground, and then finished up by walking through the Oceans exhibit (always my favorite as a kid).

On Halloween I unfortunately had to work, but they we nice enough to let me off early enough to make it to my Dad's house for their annual party and trick-or-treating.  We walked up and down one street with my niece and nephew before we decided to head back to Papaw and Grandma's house.  I did a lot of carrying because she still wasn't quite sure what to think of it all.


All in all, it was a great Halloween.  I'm sure Mia will love it even more next year when she can start to eat the candy, too!

No comments: