Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Finally, Some Good News!

We received word today that the courts in Ethiopia are finally reopening our adoption case on July 2nd. Our adoption agency will be submitting all our paperwork again, and we will have to agonizingly wait (again) for the courts to issue us a new court date. We have been warned that it could be as little as a 3-4 days, or it could be a few weeks. Either way, the courts have committed to making cases like ours a priority, and AWAA is still hopeful we will get in before potential court closures in August.
While we are thrilled to finally see some light at the end of the tunnel, our very tender hearts tell us not to break out the confetti just yet. So far, as Travis put it, the worst has happened, so we're trying to prepare ourselves for the worst. As I've been saying for weeks now, we can only take it a day at a time. Some days are harder than others, but we just have to keep the end goal in sight.
It reminds me of what I've heard some women say about their childbirth pains: it is pain with a purpose. They know that at the end of it all, there will be a beautiful child. Today, we received our immunizations for travel to Africa. After four shots, my right arm is sore to say the least. Believe me, I know this no where compares to childbirth, but I tried to see it as pain with a purpose. Each step we take brings us one step closer to Mia. And one day, hopefully soon, I will hold her in my arms and all of this pain, waiting, and heartache will be so worth it.

Travel Vaccinations for Ethiopia - $557.00
Adoption Fees - $25,000.00
Waiting, Waiting, and More Waiting - Agonizing
Holding My Baby Girl for the First Time - Priceless

4 comments:

Emily said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! So excited to hear good news! Can't wait to hear when the court date will be. I told Gabby that it looks like Baby Mia might be coming home soon. Gabby's response, "She is a tiny, tiny baby, Mommy. And I can hold her when she comes?" She's excited for her new "cousin!"

IUgirl78 said...

That's wonderful news!!! I will send up lots of prayers that you won't have to wait long for your new court date. I also like what you wrote at the end...so sweet!!!

Pigtail Mama said...

Yay! That is awesome! I can't wait to hear more good news. You are all 3 in my thoughts and prayers!!

Kimberly Fullton said...

Sarah,
Any more news lately? I've been thinking of you guys a lot.
Kim