Wednesday, November 19, 2008

#10

Just a small update. I finally gave in to the pressure of my curiosity and joined the chat group for Ethiopia AWAA families. I really resisted for a long time because I have a tendency to become obsessed with things I can't control (i.e. God's timing with this adoption!). So, the more I could distance myself from it, the less I would be consumed by it, and the happier life could be in the Taylor household. But, let's face it, we're coming down the home stretch, and it's been difficult not to think about it every day, sometimes all day long.
So I haven't become completely obsessed, but I can tell you that I found out we are #10 in line for a baby girl! We are hopeful (from what we've been hearing) that a January referral is very possible (oh, Jesus, we pray), and that 6-10 weeks later, we could be traveling to meet our daughter.

2 comments:

Emily said...

#10 has never sounded so sweet! Congratulations on having a little extra info about it all. I can only imagine how obsessed I would be if I were in your position!

IUgirl78 said...

Oh my word...considering how fast October and November have flown by, January will be here before we know it! Thanks for the update!