Thursday, October 28, 2010

Where We're At

Yes, as an English major I know it's not correct grammar to end a sentance with a preposition, but whatever.  I've been meaning to blog for awhile now, but it's been kind of crazy around here.

Mia continues to keep me on my toes and has me laughing out loud at least 10 times a day.  Today at lunch she pointed at the phone and said, "Hello! (But pronounced more like, Hewo.)  Talk!"
Me: "Talk?  Who are you going to call?"
Mia: "A cow!"
Me: "A cow?  You want to call a cow?"
Mia: "Yup."
Me: "What's he going to say?"
Mia: "Moo!"

Hilarious, right?  I wonder if she's going to end up with my dry sense of humor.  Along with cracking me up, she's also been pushing her limits in almost every way.  I have to keep reminding myself that this is perfectly natural; toddlers like to push the boundaries so they know where they are.  But still....somedays I feel like all I do is correct her, which is just exhausting.  Her newest antic is pushing the buttons on our iPod docking station.  The other day she just kept pushing them over and over and over again.  Each time I'd come out of the kitchen, correct her, and move on.  Then I'd hear the music turn on and off, and I'd walk back into the living room and see her looking for me with one hand outreached.  The last time this happened I walked out and she had gotten her baby doll and had her pushing the buttons.  I tried to keep a straight face while correcting her, but how clever was that on her part?

And onto the adoption front.  We're still working on our massive paperchase and probably will be through Christmas.  Along side of this huge undertaking, I've gone back to work in part-time retail in order to help save more money for the adoption.

We also have a couple of more fundraisers coming up just in time for the holidays.  First, one of my sweet Bible study ladies, Linda Swisher, is hosting a Usborne Book Fair on our behalf the first Saturday of December (12/4).  Come from 1:00-4:00pm at our church, Mt. Auburn UMC, and buy Christmas presents for your kids, grandkids, neices and nephews, and take home your books the same day.  We're looking to see if we can set something up to online shop, so stay tuned for more news.



Second, we have a few t-shirts leftover that we need to sell!  Here's what we've got:

Brown
Youth Small - 4
Youth Medium - 3
Small - 2
Medium - 1 SOLD!
Large - 1

Blue
Youth Small - 3
Youth Medium - 5
Small - 3
Large - 1
XLarge - 1  SOLD!

If you'd like to purchase any of these, message me at sarahpas@hotmail.com.  Shirts are $22 each with shipping.

And lastly, we're going to be making Christmas ornaments to sell.  I should have samples to post this weekend, and will have ordering info up early next week. 

Thank you all for continuing to follow and support our next adoption journey.  Hope you all have a safe and fun Halloween!

1 comment:

Pigtail Mama said...

You have quite a smart little girl on your hands to figure out to use her dolls' hands to play with the docking station! I also love her conversation. This is such a fun age but it does keep you on your toes!

I love Usborne books and would love to buy some. The online option would be great but I will also put it on my calendar and try to make it to the sale! Ornaments are good, too! :)

Thanks for the update- I've been wondering how you were.