Monday, January 4, 2010

Where Have We Been?

I am shamefully overdue for a blog post, and I wish I could tell you that we've been crazy busy or out of town or something like that. Truthfully, we've been home bound for awhile and I've been in a bit of a funk that's made it difficult to find motivation to write. We lost my grandfather on the 10th and immediately after that Mia came down with her first cold. Thankfully her nose has finally stopped running.
The holidays were bittersweet for us this year. It was an incredible blessing to have Mia this year, especially as we thought back to how sad we were the last couple of Christmases, but this was also our first Christmas without Travis' dad, my Grandpa, my cousin Andy, and our dear friend June.
With three sets of parents, Christmas is always a busy time, but Mia did great as we traveled from here to there with naps on the run. Our festivities started with a Christmas Eve dinner with my mom, step-father, and step-brothers, and Mia got to open her very first presents.

As expected, the wrapping paper and bows were her favorite thing to play with until I noticed that she was actually trying to eat them.



Santa did make a stop to our home Christmas Eve night, although he was rather late because someone woke up around 10:30 and didn't want to go back to bed. It was quite amusing to watch her on Christmas morning though. We usually take our morning bottle on the couch and after she was finished she sat up, looked around, and then her eyes became fixed on the new Animal Train sitting in front of the tree. She looked back at me and then started to point curiously. Although I'm sure she doesn't "get" it yet, she definitely knew there was something new that wasn't there before.
After she saw the train, she quickly climbed off my lap and had me to help her walk to the tree.


Then we made a mad dash to get ready and out the door for breakfast with Travis' mom, sister, and brother-in-law. Apparently Santa made a stop there for Mia, too.


Mia showing us how big she is...always a crowd pleaser :)


Mia, Mommy, Grandma Audrey, and Aunt Angie


Later in the afternoon we made our final trip of the day to my dad and step-mom's house, where we joined my step-sister, her husband, our niece and nephew, and some more extended family. Unfortunately, my husband is not great at remembering to take pictures (ironic, I know), so I don't have any to post. Let's just say, Mia know has a new variety of toys and books to play with, and I think I'm probably more excited about this than she is!
Hope you all had a blessed Christmas, and here's to a better 2010!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness!! Posts and photos like yours only serve to torture those of us still paperchasing! That baby has got to rank as one of the 10 cutest babies I have ever seen!!! (And I work with babies for my living!)

IUgirl78 said...

I loved all of the pictures from Christmas. She looked like she was having a blast with all of the wrapping paper!

Emily said...

We miss you guys a lot! Sick kids are no fun because they put parents in home lock-down as well! Maybe Travis and Kenton can have a Daddy playdate sometime soon and we can go out for coffee or something!

I loved all of the photos in this post BTW, but my favorite is Hank staring at the animal train with Mia. Too funny!