Thursday, September 17, 2009

How One Month Can Make Such a Difference

It was one month ago today that we were in Ethiopia, standing in anxious anticipation, waiting for the moment they would bring out our daughter to us. One by one, the other families in our travel group met their long-awaited children. And finally, it was our turn. It honestly seems like just a moment ago and at the same time a lifetime ago. I feel like Mia has always been part of lives; I simply cannot imagine life without her. She is our daughter. Adoption is truly a miracle ordained by God.

Here are some new pictures Travis took of Mia yesterday at the park. He had the honor of taking our goddaughter Gabby's 3 year pictures, so Mia and I met them after her nap. The girls were so cute together. It's neat to see how much Gabby has grown; it seems like yesterday she was Mia's size! Happy 3rd birthday Gabby!










8 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe how much weight Mia has gained in her one month at home! I love those little arm rolls! I just want to kiss them!

Thanks for putting these pics up. I told Kenton you had some of the two girls, so it is nice that he can see them now. What good friends they will be some day!

Thank you for all of the wonderful photos you took of Gabrielle. We will treasure those captured moments for the rest of our lives - literally!

Anne said...

How was that a month ago? Oh well, everytime I get sad about being gone, I'll just remember the longer we're gone the closer we are to getting back.

Psalm 139:16-17 Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

You are meant to be together!

PS-Pics are so cute!

Leslie said...

I was going to say the exact same thing Emily did about Mia's arms. Look how healthy she is and how much weight she has put on. You are doing awesome, Sarah and Travis!!!

I love the pictures of the girls. Just precious!! Can Travis come over, take pics of my kids, and have them turn out as adorable as these pictures? Figured I would shoot for the moon because I dread getting their pics taken (I always leave there sweating). LOL

Love those pictures of such adorable girls!

IUgirl78 said...

Oh, wow! She definitely looks fuller--but I think she's full of joy because she is so happy to be with her mommy and daddy!!!

Those are great pictures of the two girls. They are going to be such good friends!

shelly said...

love the drool picture!

Hollands said...

She has changed so much already! Still beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure those girls aren't posing for a clothing add? They are both so beautiful!

Pigtail Mama said...

What beautiful pictures! I can't believe how big Mia has grown in just a month. You guys are doing a perfect job- keep it up! She is just gorgeous.

Speaking of gorgeous, Mia's future BFF looks awesome in those pictures! Gabby is a beautiful girl, but Travis totally captured her personality in those pictures. Love them!