Saturday, July 18, 2009

New TTDs!

We received our new tentative travel dates (TTDs) last night from our agency for August 15-22! It really made me realize how real this is: there is an end in sight and in less than one month, we could be holding our baby! Travis spent last night volunteering at the Jackson Center for Conductive Education, so I had plenty of time while making a cake for my friend Jana's 2 year old to think about how radically different life could be in just a few short weeks. (BTW, the cake is turning out totally cute...I'll post pics later.)
I'm also thrilled that my BFF and (for intents and purposes) sister Anne will get to meet our daughter before she and her husband head back to Oman. They'll be in town for the month of August, and we originally thought she'd be here way after we brought Mia home. Little did we know. We were both starting to become really worried that she'd miss meeting Mia altogether (at least until Christmas), but it seems now she'll be able to spend a few days with us.
For now, we just need to keep praying that our court date is successful. At this point in the game, I feel that God has taught me that nothing is definite. In fact, I've realized that nothing in this life is steady or reliable except for Him. When all our circumstances are turned upside down, I believe He brings us to a point where the only thing we have is Him. Is He enough? Painfully and tearfully, I will say yes.
My heart and my flesh may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

2 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

I'm SO EXCITED for you guys!!! I know a month can seem so far away, but it will be here before you know it. I'll keep praying for you guys and little Mia!

Emily said...

Yay! Travel dates! I can't believe we are even saying those words. I'm not ignoring the word "tentative" but rather glossing over it right now. ;)