Wednesday, March 4, 2009

This Is Not a Test

We are now on high alert, Defcon Orange. In the 2 weeks since my last post, there have been 3 more baby girl referrals and 1 baby boy referral. Both of the "either" families in front of us received girl referrals, the one boy family received a sweet baby boy, and another family that shared our same DTE (5.2.08) received their request for a baby girl, 0-18 months. I am now, as my Yahoo chat group calls it, the Queen Bee of the referral line. We can literally receive the phone call at any moment.
Ironically, I have strange sense of calm and peace. It's surreal to think, after all this time, of her actually now existing, halfway around the world, waiting to be matched up with us, her forever family. Many of you have commented about our strength and patience through this whole process, but please believe me when I say that it does not come from us; it is by God's grace and loving providence alone that we have (mostly) maintained our sanity and sincere hearts.
Hopefully the next post you see will be news of our precious baby girl!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I have tears in my eyes just reading this! I am so happy for you and that your baby girl will be placed into such a loving home with two of the greatest parents in the entire world. I cannot wait to meet her and watch you and Travis grow and ease into parenthood. You will be fantastic! I expect a phone call VERY soon after you get yours! Anytime! Day or night!

Heidi Bayly said...

Hoping with you! My husband and I are in Bloomington, with the same DTE, waiting for a baby. Hopefully our babies have met each other already over in Ethiopia! Best wishes and try to stay sane :-)

IUgirl78 said...

WOW!!! I seriously have goosebumps reading this. I cannot wait for your family to finally be together!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, what can I say but we are all here praying with you and Travis. As Emily stated your posting brings tears of joy in my eyes. We all can't wait to mee your new baby girl. Love you much, Aunt Pam

Kimberly Fullton said...

Any word? AWAA's blog has mentioned Ethiopia several times recently. Thinking of you!
--Kim